Monday, January 30, 2012

Paulownia trees in southern West Virginia!?

Is anyone growing Paulownia trees in southern WV or VA? I've got 4 small tree-lings (one year+, about a foot high), with high hopes of giant trees and lots of flowers... Our weather here in the mountains (1/2 hour from Bluefield) is weird- late April.May killing frosts %26amp; snow, lots of rain, etc... Any help will be appreciated! If these work we might put in more to replace trees that were downed by the 2001 %26amp; 2002 floods. And if anyone's looking for a "test garden" for wildflowers, sunflowers, sculpture that kids can play on, etc., we've got the place - Landgraff, WV!

Paulownia trees in southern West Virginia!?
They do grow fast. I had one that got 8' tall in two years. I dug it out. They can be VERY weedy trees. A friend got many root sprouts from one she had. They are weeds in the local area. I'm in Southern California.



I'm sure they would do well for you. Is it zone 8 in your area? The late frosts here are no problem for them.



Perhaps something else would be just as good, like a Japanese pagoda tree or a mulberry?



I just don't like the idea of planting invasive plants.
Reply:this sounds gross, but i called my local nursery, if you pee on them, good luck!!!! sweety


No comments:

Post a Comment